CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Science: If you want to get the information about your Class 10 Science syllabus, then you are on the right page because we have given complete information about the syllabus of Class 10 Science on this page. In this page, we will tell you the information of your syllabus, chapter wise, and unit wise, we will tell you which of your syllabus are important topics. Science is an important subject in Class 10. Science plays a major role in choosing the career stream at the higher secondary level. Read to know all about the CBSE class 10 syllabus for Science.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Chemistry
Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour.
- Chemical Reactions: Chemical equation, Balanced chemical equation, implications of a balanced chemical equation, types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement, double displacement, precipitation, neutralization, oxidation, and reduction.
- Metals And Nonmetals: Properties of metals and non-metals; Reactivity series; Formation and properties of ionic compounds; Basic metallurgical processes; Corrosion and its prevention
- Acids, Bases and Salts: Their definitions in terms of furnishing of H+ and OH– ions, General properties, examples, and uses, concept of pH scale (Definition relating to logarithm not required), importance of pH in everyday life; preparation and uses of Sodium Hydroxide, Bleaching powder, Baking soda, Washing soda and Plaster of Pari
Metals And Nonmetals: Properties of metals and non-metals; Reactivity series; Formation and properties of ionic compounds; Basic metallurgical processes; Corrosion and its prevention.
- Carbon Compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon. Homologous series. Nomenclature of carbon compounds containing functional groups (halogens, alcohol, ketones, aldehydes, alkanes, and alkynes), the difference between saturated hydrocarbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Chemical properties of carbon compounds (combustion, oxidation, addition and substitution reaction). Ethanol and Ethanoic acid (only properties and uses), soaps and detergents.
- Periodic Classification Of Elements: Need for classification, early attempts at classification of elements (Dobereiner’s Triads, Newland’s Law of Octaves, Mendeleev’s Periodic Table), Modern periodic table, gradation in properties, valency, atomic number, metallic and non-metallic properties.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Biology
Unit II: World of Living.
- Life processes: ‘Living Being’. The basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport and excretion in plants and animals.
- Control and co-ordination in animals and plants: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction of plant hormones; Control and co-ordination in animals; Nervous system; Voluntary, involuntary and reflex action; Chemical co-ordination: animal hormones.
- Reproduction: Reproduction in animals and plants (asexual and sexual) reproductive health-need and methods of family planning. Safe sex vs HIV / AIDS. Childbearing and women’s health.
- Heredity and Evolution: Heredity; Mendel’s contribution – Laws for inheritance of traits: Sex determination: brief introduction; Basic concepts of evolution.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Physics
Unit III: Natural Phenomena.
Reflection of light by curved surfaces; Images formed by spherical mirrors, center of curvature, principal axis, principal focus, focal length, mirror formula (Derivation not required), magnification.
Refraction; Laws of refraction, refractive index. Refraction of light by the spherical lens; Image formed by spherical lenses; Lens formula (Derivation not required); Magnification. Power of a lens.
The functioning of a lens in the human eye, defects of vision and their corrections, applications of spherical mirrors and lenses. Refraction of light through a prism, dispersion of light, scattering of light, applications in daily life.
Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Effects Of Current: Electric current, potential difference, and electric current. Ohm’s law; Resistance, Resistivity, Factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Series combination of resistors, the parallel combination of resistors and its applications in daily life. Heating effect of electric current and its applications in daily life. Electric power, Interrelation between P, V, I and R.
- Magnetic Effects Of Current: Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current-carrying conductor, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on the current-carrying conductor, Fleming’s Left-Hand Rule, Electric Motor, Electromagnetic induction. The induced potential difference, Induced current. Fleming’s Right Hand Rule, Electric Generator, Direct current. Alternating current: frequency of AC. Advantage of AC over DC. Domestic electric circuits.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Natural Resources
Unit III: Natural Resources.
- Sources of energy: Different forms of energy, conventional and non-conventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, solar energy; biogas; wind, water, and tidal energy; Nuclear energy. Renewable versus non-renewable sources of Energy.
- Our environment: Eco-system, Environmental problems, Ozone depletion, waste production, and their solutions. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.
- Management of natural resources: Conservation and judicious use of natural resources. Forest and wildlife; Coal and Petroleum conservation. Examples of people’s participation in the conservation of natural resources. Big dams: advantages and limitations; alternatives, if any. Water harvesting. Sustainability of natural resources.
Class 10 Science Reference Books Name.
- Science – Textbook for Class X – NCERT Publication.
- Assessment of Practical Skills in Science – Class X – CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual- Science -Class X, NCERT Publication.
- Exemplar Problems Class X – NCERT Publication